Saturday, April 26, 2008

Such Great Heights

been up whole night thinking something and doing research, then came over an old song i used to love it. still love it. a song from The Postal Service



F                    C
I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
A#9 F
in our eyes are mirror images and when
C
we kiss they're perfectly aligned
F C
and I have to speculate that God himself
A#9 F
did make us into corresponding shapes like
C
puzzle pieces from the clay
F C
true, it may seem like a stretch, but
A#9
its thoughts like this that catch my troubled
F C
head when you're away when I am missing you to death
F C
when you are out there on the road for
A#9
several weeks of shows and when you scan
F C
the radio, I hope this song will guide you home


F C
they will see us waving from such great
A#9 F C
heights, 'come down now,' they'll say
F C
but everything looks perfect from far away,
A#9 F C
'come down now,' but we'll stay...


F C
I tried my best to leave this all on your
A#9 F
machine but the persistent beat it sounded
C
thin upon listening
F C
that frankly will not fly. you will hear
A#9
the shrillest highs and lowest lows with
F C
the windows down when this is guiding you home